2) More work has been done on the trees. I've laid in some background color for the grasses in the foreground.
3) More work on the trees, then laying in rough color for the water and embankments, with the bird sketched in.
4) Work on the water in the distance, a little more detail in the embankments and the far marsh grasses. Mostly this stage is laying in the darks along the edges of the grass and water.
5) A lot more detail now in the bird, water, and background grasses. Foreground still to come.
6) The grasses on the small island have now been worked on, mostly done except for the foreground now.
7) Some colors for the foreground.
8) Initial pastel strokes for the foreground grasses, showing a definitely "ugly" phase at this point.